These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working as education aides, as shown by injury claims. This includes pre-school aides, integration aides, teachers’ aides, and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander education workers.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Challenging behaviour of students or parents
- Hazard 2 Heavy lifting (eg transferring and assisting students moving furniture and equipment)
- Hazard 3 PE and sporting activities
- Hazard 4 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 6 Working with machinery (eg saws)