Education: Secondary schools
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in secondary schools, as shown by injury claims. This includes secondary school / college operation, boarding school operation, agricultural high school operation, and matriculation college operation (excluding combined primary / secondary schools).
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Challenging behaviour of students or parents
- Hazard 2 Classroom and office ergonomics
- Hazard 3 Heavy lifting repetitive awkward postures and pushing / pulling equipment
- Hazard 4 PE and sporting activities
- Hazard 5 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 6 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 7 Working with machinery (eg saws)