Education: Specialist schools
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in specialist schools, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Challenging behaviour
- Hazard 2 Classroom and office ergonomics
- Hazard 3 Lifting and moving children and equipment
- Hazard 4 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress bullying and harassment