These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in fire services, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Dragging hose
- Hazard 2 Heavy lifting and pushing / pulling objects
- Hazard 3 Noise
- Hazard 4 Physical training / running
- Hazard 5 Repetitive tasks (including entering / exiting trucks)
- Hazard 6 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 7 Work-related stress bullying harassment and workload pressures