Hospitality: Waiters and bar attendants
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working as waiters and bar attendants, as shown by injury claims. This includes supervisor waiters, general waiters, drink waiters, hospitality trainees, supervisor bar attendants, and bar attendants.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Burns
- Hazard 2 Cool rooms
- Hazard 3 Cuts and lacerations
- Hazard 4 Lifting pushing pulling and handling of items equipment and trolleys
- Hazard 5 Managing young workers
- Hazard 6 Repetitive work and awkward postures
- Hazard 7 Repetitive work and awkward postures
- Hazard 8 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 9 Work-related stress bullying harassment and violence