Nurses and midwives
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working as nurses and midwives, as shown by injury claims. This includes registered nurses, enrolled nurses, nurse educators and researchers, midwives, mental health nurses, development disability nurses, and nurse managers.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Lifting and assisting patients
- Hazard 2 Pushing and pulling equipment (eg trollies and wheelchairs)
- Hazard 3 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 4 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 5 Work-related violence