Personal care and nursing assistants
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working as personal care and nursing assistants, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Lifting assisting and providing personal care to patients
- Hazard 2 Performing ancillary / household tasks (eg cleaning)
- Hazard 3 Pushing and pulling equipment (eg trollies and wheelchairs)
- Hazard 4 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 6 Work-related violence