Residential care services
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people providing residential care services (excluding aged care) combined with nursing, medical, supervisory or other types of care, as shown by injury claims. This includes children’s home operation, community mental health hostel, crisis care accommodation operation, home for the disadvantaged operation, hospice operation, residential refuge operation, and respite residential care operation.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Lifting assisting and providing personal care to patients
- Hazard 2 Performing ancillary / household tasks (eg cleaning)
- Hazard 3 Pushing and pulling equipment (eg trollies and wheelchairs)
- Hazard 4 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 6 Work-related violence