These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in retail trading to the public, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Lacerations amputations and fractures
- Hazard 2 Lifting / handling of items equipment or trolleys
- Hazard 3 Repetitive work and awkward postures
- Hazard 4 Slips trips and falls (including falls from height)
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress violence bullying and work pressure