These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in road freight, as shown by injury claims. The road freight industry includes short and long distance road freight transport and freight forwarding operations.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Falling loads
- Hazard 2 Falls from the cabin rear of vehicle or load
- Hazard 3 Handling freight
- Hazard 4 Load adjustment
- Hazard 5 Noise
- Hazard 6 Slips trips and falls around the vehicle
- Hazard 7 Vehicle accidents
- Hazard 8 Work-related stress fatigue bullying and harassment