Social assistance services
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in social assistance services, as shown by injury claims. Social assistance services include services such as adoption service, adult day care centre operation, disabilities assistance service, welfare counselling service, and youth welfare service.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Cleaning and homecare
- Hazard 2 Lifting and assisting clients
- Hazard 3 Office ergonomics
- Hazard 4 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress bullying and harassment
- Hazard 6 Work-related violence