These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in the stevedoring industry, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Access / egress slips and trips
- Hazard 2 Falling / collapsing loads
- Hazard 3 Falls from heights
- Hazard 4 Operating mobile plant (straddle carrier forklifts reach stackers)
- Hazard 5 Work-related stress harrassment or bullying