Warehousing and storage
These are the most common injuries and hazards for people working in the warehousing and storage industries, as shown by injury claims.
WorkSafe expects employers to have safety solutions in place to protect workers from the most common sources of injury.
Hazards and Solutions
- Hazard 1 Accidents caused by mobile plant
- Hazard 2 Falling objects
- Hazard 3 Lifting and repetitive bending (order picking replenishing container packing and unpacking)
- Hazard 4 Pushing and pulling trolleys and packages (eg loading freezers)
- Hazard 5 Slips trips and falls
- Hazard 6 Work-related stress fatigue bullying and harassment