On this page
- Introduction to WorkSafe Agents
- Contact details for WorkSafe Agents
- Evaluation of Agent performance
- How to change Agents
What WorkSafe Agents do
WorkSafe Agents are organisations appointed by WorkSafe to manage employers' WorkCover insurance and injured workers' compensation claims.
These organisations perform most of the functions associated with premium and claims management. They also provide advice to help injured workers return to work.
Agent contact details
|Agent name||Postal address||Phone|
|Allianz Australia Workers' Compensation (Victoria) Limited||GPO Box 80, Melbourne VIC 3001||1800 240 335|
|CGU Workers Compensation (Victoria) Limited||PO Box 2090S, Melbourne VIC 3000||1800 066 204|
|EML VIC Pty Ltd||GPO Box 4695, Melbourne VIC 3001||1800 365 842|
|Gallagher Bassett Services Workers Compensation Vic Pty Ltd||Locked Bag 3570, GPO Melbourne VIC 3001||1800 774 377|
|Xchanging||GPO Box 751, Melbourne VIC 3001||1800 801 070|
WorkSafe Agent performance
WorkSafe monitors and evaluates the performance of all its Agents to make sure that our clients receive a high level of service.
Some of the key measures include:
- Claims management
- Return to work
- Level and quality of service
Recent performance of all Agents is available.
Contact the WorkSafe Advisory Service on 1800 136 089 for more information.
Changing WorkSafe Agents
You can change your WorkSafe Agent once during a 12 month period. That means:
- after you change Agents you must remain with that Agent for at least 12 months
- after you've reached the minimum 12 month period you're free to change Agents again if you choose to.
If you're a new employer and have recently taken out WorkCover insurance:
- you must wait 12 months from the date you registed with the original Agent
- wait until the end of the current financial year.
- Cover notes: If you're issued a cover note by an Agent, you're not obliged to take out WorkCover insurance with that Agent – you can still register with another Agent. If you do choose to register with a different Agent, it's the Agent that issued the cover note's responsibility to cancel it
- Outstanding premium payments: When you change Agents you mustn't owe any outstanding premium payments (annual or instalment) to the current Agent
- Time frames: Your effective transfer date will be the first day of the next month, but the new Agent must make sure transfer requests are received by your current Agent at least five working days before the first of the month
- Request your transfer in writing: Your request must be in writing and be signed by someone with authorisation. You should send your request directly to your new Agent.