In order to lodge a valid FOI Request, it must be in writing and it must include the statutory fee of $30.10 (indexed annually from 1 July).
Your request will be considered in accordance with the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 1982 and all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that applicants are notified of a decision as soon as practicable.
However, please note that in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982, WorkSafe has 30 days in which to finalise its response.
FOI Requests can be submitted to WorkSafe via either of the following two methods.
FOI requests can be submitted via an online portal which allows you to pay using a credit card.
- Complete the Applicant Details.
- Make sure to select 'WorkSafe Victoria' from the drop down menu next to 'Agency'.
- Insert request details (ensure that the request is as specific as possible, including date ranges and a clear description of the documents requested).
- Complete the remainder of the application by following the steps.
- Once WorkSafe receives your request, you will be sent an acknowledgement. If any further clarification is required, or if any additional charges are likely to be incurred, WorkSafe will contact you.
2. In writing by mail or email
FOI requests can be mailed or emailed directly to WorkSafe Victoria and and payment of the application fee can be provided via money order or cheque.
Att: FOI Team
PO Box 279
Geelong, Vic, 3220
- Fill out the form completely, including date ranges and a clear description of the documents requested.
- Make your cheque or money order payable to "WorkSafe Victoria".
- Applicants who submit FOI Requests via email will be contacted to arrange payment of the application fee prior to processing.
- Once we receive your request, you will be sent an acknowledgement. If any further clarification is required, or if any additional charges are likely to be incurred, we will contact you.