- Ensure you provide the information listed below to lodge a valid IROI request, without this information your request may not be completed.
- Documents released through this process will be no older than 12 months at the time of the request. If you would like to request documents older than 12 months, you may do so by submitting a Freedom of information request.
Your request will be considered in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that applicants are notified of a decision as soon as practicable.
IROI requests can be submitted to WorkSafe via either of the following two methods.
1. PDF form
- Download and save the PDF form before completing. If you do not complete this step, the information may not be saved.
- Complete the application form. You can do this by filling out a hard copy or by completing the PDF using Acrobat reader.
- Email the completed version of the form to [email protected]
- If any further clarification is required WorkSafe will contact you.
2. In writing by mail or email
The Informal Release of Information email is: [email protected]. Send an email to this address with, at least, the following information:
- Name of the applicant:
- Telephone number of the applicant:
- Return email address:
- The capacity of the applicant
- Authorised representative of an employee organisation
- A representative of an organisation representing employers
- A representative of an organisation representing employees
- A person whose interests are affected by the information to which they seek access
- The purpose of the request and how the request relates to health and safety
- The date of the site visit by the inspector
- The address of the site visited