In order to lodge a valid IROI request, it must be submitted via email to WorkSafe and contain all relevant information.
Your request will be considered in accordance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act 2004 and all reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that applicants are notified of a decision as soon as practicable.
The Informal Release of Information email is: [email protected]. Send an email to this address with the information required by WorkSafe Victoria's Guide to Informal Release of Documents and Information which can be accessed in the related pages listed below. Your email should, at least, include the following information:
- Name of the applicant:
- Telephone number of the applicant:
- Return email address:
- The capacity of the applicant
- Authorised representative of an employee organisation
- A representative of an organisation representing employers
- A representative of an organisation representing employees
- A person whose interests are affected by the information to which they seek access
- The purpose of the request and how the request relates to health and safety
- The date of the site visit by the inspector
- The address of the site visited
- Ensure you provide the information listed above in your email, without this information your request may not be completed.
- Documents released through this process will be no older than 12 months at the time of the request. If you would like to request documents older than 12 months, you may do so by submitting a Freedom of information request.