Lost, stolen or damaged licences

Order a replacement plastic card, and find out how to access a digital licence or permit.

Order replacement card


Licences available online

You can order a replacement plastic card and access a digital licence or permit through your myWorkSafe account, if you hold a current:

  • blasting explosives licence
  • dangerous goods driver licence
  • driver transporting explosives licence
  • high risk work licence
  • high consequence dangerous goods (HCDG) permit
  • pyrotechnician licence

If your licence is due to be renewed in 30 days or less, you won’t be able to order a replacement card. Instead, you need to apply to renew your licence to receive a new card. The new card will be sent as part of your renewal.

Receiving a replacement card

If your order is approved, you'll receive a replacement plastic card in the mail within 20 to 25 business days. You can also access a digital licence or permit to use immediately.

Your replacement card licence details, such as licence number and expiry date, are the same as your original licence.

Limits apply to the number of times a licence holder can order a replacement card.

Accessing your digital licence or permit

When you hold a valid licence or permit, you also have a digital version.

You can use your digital licence or permit the same way you use your plastic card licence. Log in to your myWorkSafe account to access it at any time.

If your licence or permit doesn't show as active in myWorkSafe, you need to link it to your account.

If you don't know your licence number, please contact the Licensing Branch.

Construction induction training (white card) replacement card

To replace a construction induction training card, you need to contact us. Call or submit your request online.

Licences that can't be replaced online

Some licences can't be replaced online or accessed through myWorkSafe.

You need to contact the Licensing Branch to request a replacement:

  • asbestos removal licence
  • carcinogen licence
  • explosives entity licence
  • high consequence dangerous goods (HCDG) licence

Fee summary

There is currently no fee for ordering a replacement plastic card. A fee may apply in the future.

WorkSafe Advisory Service

WorkSafe's advisory service is available between 7:30am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday. If you need more support, you can also contact WorkSafe using the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) or the National Relay Service.

1800 136 089 More contact options