WorkSafe Victoria — Home

The man suffered head injuries after he was struck by a piece of equipment attached to a mobile piling rig on June 14. He died yesterday.

WorkSafe is investigating the incident.

The fatality brings the confirmed number of workplace deaths for 2018 to 12, which is one less than at the same time last year.

WorkSafe Acting Executive Director Health and Safety, Paul Fowler, said the incident was a tragic reminder of the risks of construction.

“It is devastating to think that someone will not return home following this incident, and our thoughts are with his family, friends and colleagues,” Mr Fowler said.

Media enquiries