About the online identity check
You'll be asked to complete an online identity check when applying for:
- a dangerous goods driver licence
- an engineered stone licence
- a high risk work licence
To do this, you'll need a myWorkSafe account, a smartphone or similar device and proof of identity documents.
We use Service Victoria to review your documents and confirm your identity.
Identity checks take about 20 minutes to complete and are valid for 10 years.
You will need one Type A document and one Type B document and one of those documents must include your photo.
- Australian passport – current or expired less than 3 years ago
- Australian birth certificate
- Australian citizenship certificate
- current foreign passport with a valid Australian visa
- current Australian driver licence
- Medicare card
How to complete an online identity check
Log in to your myWorkSafe and start a licence application. Then follow the steps to complete an online identity check:
- verify your smartphone or device is compatible
- use your device to photograph your documents and complete a facial recognition check
- take a passport style photo
For best results, use a white background when photographing your documents and ensure images are in focus.
How to do a Service Victoria online ID check
A short video explaining how to complete an identity verification check with Service Victoria.