Types of documents
You may be familiar with 100 point identity checks if you have recently applied for a passport. Similarly, WorkSafe requires you to provide certain documents when you apply for a licence.
You can take these documents to the Post Office with you, along with your completed application form, for Post Office employees to confirm and lodge.
Types of identification
You need to provide at least 3 documents that add up to a minimum of 100 points, including:
- at least 1 identification document from Category A or Category B, including your photograph and signature
- at least 1 document that shows your current address.
Category A documents (70 points)
- Passport, current or expired less than 2 years ago
- Birth Certificate
- Australian Citizenship Certificate
Category B documents (initial document worth 40 points, subsequent documents worth 25 points)
- (initial document worth 40 points, subsequent documents worth 25 points)
- Drivers Licence - current photo licence issued by an Australian State or Territory
- Australian Public Service Employee ID Card with photo
- Other Australian Government issue ID card with photo
- Tertiary Student ID card with photo
Category C documents (25 points)
- Credit/Debit/ATM Card – maximum of one card from any one financial institution
- Medicare card
- Utility bill or rate notice eg water, council rates, electricity or gas. Must be less than 12 months old
- Statement of Account from a Financial Institution where you’ve held the account for at least 1 year
- Social security or pension card