This document is no longer current and is available on the website for historic purposes only.
This content has been replaced by
What it contains
This handbook is for employers and employees in workplaces with asbestos-containing materials (ACMs), such as:
- demolition, roofing, construction contractors and surveyors
- painters and decorators
- joiners, plumbers, gas fitters and plasterers
- shop fitters, fire and burglar alarm installers
- maintenance and automotive repair workers
The handbook explains how to manage asbestos in the workplace. Use it to find out:
- what is asbestos and ACM
- what are the health risks of asbestos exposure
- how to monitor exposure standards in a workplace
- ways to identify fixed or installed ACMs
- how to manage and control asbestos in a workplace, including domestic workplaces
At the end of the handbook, there are also examples of ACMs.