This document is no longer current and is available on the website for historic purposes only.
This content has been replaced by
What it contains
Operators and passengers of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs) can be seriously injured or killed from being crushed against nearby structures. These accidents can be reduced or eliminated. This document tells you:
- the crush risks involved with using MEWPs
- how you can control these risks
- how to identify these risks
- recommended risk control measures for boom-type MEWPs
- recommended risk control measures for scissor-type MEWPs
- how to develop and follow a safe work method statement (SWMS) for MEWPs
- your legal requirements
The document also has images of physical barriers and pressure sensing devices you can use with MEWPs to reduce these risks. It also has images of lower and higher risk activities. At the end of the document, you’ll find a list of tools you can use for more information or advice.