Primary producers and forestry operators frequently asked questions (FAQs): Licence to perform high risk work

Published: 01 Jan 2017
File type: PDF
File size: 199.61 kB

What it contains

A Licence to Perform High Risk Work is issued by WorkSafe to people working with high risk plant and equipment. Forklifts are one of 29 classes of plant and equipment that now require a Licence to Perform High Risk Work.

This document answers the following questions:

  • Why do forklift operators in our industry need a licence?
  • Do I need a licence to operate a tractor with a fork attachment?
  • How do I apply for a licence?
  • How do I arrange a licence assessment?
  • How much will it cost operators to obtain their licence?
  • Will the licence have my photo on it?
  • Do interstate authorities recognise a Victorian Licence to Perform High Risk Work?
  • Is it possible to transfer a licence that was issued interstate?
  • Does WorkSafe Victoria recognise interstate licence holders?
  • Will I ever need to renew my Licence to Perform High Risk Work?
  • What happens if I don't renew my licence on time?
  • Can I get a replacement if my Licence to Perform High Risk Work is lost, stolen or destroyed?
  • What if my contact details change?

It also discusses how workplaces could apply for the rebate to transition to the new licence, but this was only possible in 2008.