State of connection guideline: Where do I insure my worker if they work in more than one state or territory?


What is contains

Like other employers around Australia, if you employ a worker who works for you in more than one State or Territory, you will only need to have workers compensation insurance for that worker in one State or Territory (the State of connection).

The State of connection for your worker is decided by a common test which applies around Australia.

The purpose of this guideline is to outline the test to assist you to decide the State of connection for your worker.