What it contains
All healthcare professionals providing services to injured people as part of transport accident or workers compensation schemes are expected to adopt the following principles:
- Measure and demonstrate the effectiveness of treatment
- Adopt a biopsychosocial approach
- Empower the injured person to manage their injury
- Implement goals focused on optimising function, participation and return to work
- Base treatment on the best available research evidence
This document details the purpose of each of these principles and how to apply them.