What it contains
This guide advises workplaces about the risks, challenges and communication solutions to manage people whose first language is not English. The document outlines how to make workplaces safe for everyone. It explains:
- your legal responsibilities to keep workers and community members safe
- how to find out what information your employees need to safely do their jobs
- your responsibility to provide information to employees in the most suitable forms
- your legal obligations and how to comply with them
- how to identify these gaps in your workplace and how to fix them
At the end of the document, you’ll find a list of terms used and what they mean.