What it contains
Construction workers have suffered serious and fatal injuries during incidents involving boom pumps. This document outlines how WorkSafe inspectors visit construction sites to ensure the risks associated with the setup and operation of truck-mounted mobile concrete boom pumps are, so far as reasonably practicable, controlled.
- how workers have suffered serious injuries or died during workplace incidents involving mobile concrete boom pumps
- how planning and preparation can ensure concrete pumping operations are performed safely
- how WorkSafe inspectors check that employers and self-employed people comply with their occupational health and safety (OHS) duties, including preparing a safe work method statement (SWMS) for high risk construction work and using a hierarchy of control to eliminate and reduce OHS risks
- when to review and revise risk controls
- what should be included in a SWMS
- the duties of employees to manage their own health and safety