Employer medical excess: Information for employers

Advice to employers about the requirements of medical excess. What it is, how it applies and for how long.
Last updated

Apr 2019

Reading level


File type and size

PDF, 98.98 kB

Document length

2 pages

What it contains

Under Victorian workers compensation legislation, employers need to pay:

  • the first 10 days of weekly payments to their worker who has a work-related injury or illness
  • initial medical and like expenses up to an annually nominated amount, known as medical excess, for services* relating to the work-related injury or illness

This information sheet as well as outlining what the requirements are, provides answers to FAQs on this subject.