What it contains
Self-insurance gives eligible employers the option to manage and bear the costs and risks of their own claims. However, you must first get approval from WorkSafe, who will determine whether you are ‘fit and proper’ to be a self-insurer.
This document outlines:
- what WorkSafe expects of self-insurers
- an overview of the assessment process
- what benchmarks and indicators WorkSafe will use to assess you.
WorkSafe will look at things such as:
- your financial situation
- whether you have employees with the skills to manage claims and help injured employees return to work
- your claims history
- your current OHS processes
- any complaints made against you