Household help and/or garden/mowing request form

If a worker requires assistance with household help or garden/mowing due to their workers compensation claim they may be entitled to assistance.



WorkSafe considers household help to be a referred service. A referral must be provided for household help services prior to commencement of services.

To receive prior approval for household help services, the worker's treating medical practitioner, physiotherapist, chiropractor or osteopath must provide a written request to the Agent for household help services prior to commencement of any services.

What it contains

  • relationship between the household help requested and the worker’s work-related injury or illness
  • household help tasks required
  • the period of time that household help is required and any commencement date, e.g. to undergo and recover from surgery.

Related information