What it contains
This document explains the industry standards to operate, maintain and dispose of concrete pumping equipment. Use this document to establish and maintain a safe working environment when using concrete pumping.
- how occupational health and safety (OHS) duties apply to the concrete pumping industry, including how to manage hazards
- how to prepare for concrete pumping works, including working out the role of the principal contractor, concrete pumping contractor and equipment hirer, and providing employee training and supervision
- how to set up the worksite, including arrivals, pump and boom set-up, outriggers, checking for overhead powerlines and creating an operational safety zone
- what to consider when a site is operating, including safety for trainees, delivery drivers, when cleaning equipment and preparing for road travel
- how to use equipment safely and ensure it is registered with WorkSafe
- how often to maintain and inspect pumping equipment and who can complete maintenance checks