Information about: Boiler operation licences

This information sheet outlines the changes to boiler operation licences coming into force 18 June 2018.


What it contains

After 18 June 2018 there will only be two types of boiler operation licences in Victoria: 'standard' and 'advanced'.

  • If you currently hold a basic boiler (BB) licence, you will now have a standard licence.
  • If you currently have an advanced boiler (BA) licence, nothing will change.

The functions of the old intermediate boiler (BI) licence are going to be split between the standard and advanced licence. Your BI licence will now be treated as a standard licence, and you may need to take additional training to get an advanced licence to perform some of the tasks you were doing under your old BI licence.