What it contains
Query fever is also known as Q fever. Q fever is a disease you can catch from infected farm animals, including cattle, sheep and goats. You can also catch it from infected domestic or wild animals.
If you work with farm animals or animals that may be infected with Q fever, you may be at increased risk of catching it. If you employ people who may be at increased risk of catching Q fever, you are responsible for managing this risk. This document tells you:
- how Q fever is transmitted
- workers and workplaces that may be at high risk of Q fever exposure
- how to identify and manage workplace areas at high risk of Q fever exposure
- your legal responsibilities to protect people from catching Q fever
- safe work practices to help reduce or eliminate the risk of Q fever transmission