What it contains
Falling from a roof is an occupational health and safety (OHS) risk for workers who remove fragile roofing. This document advises employers of their duties to reduce these risks. It explains:
- the OHS duties of employers to prevent workers from being injured
- how to develop safe systems of work
- how to prepare safe work method statements for high risk construction work
- how to make decisions whether to work from above or below the roof
- ways to safely use roof safety mesh
At the end of the document, there is a list of tasks associated with removing fragile roofing and their associated risks.