What it contains
Construction contractors often need to use powered mobile earthmoving equipment near powerlines and electrical assets. This handbook outlines the occupational health and safety (OHS) and electrical safety duties of contractors.
- how no go zones work, including when to use a spotter
- how to manage safety near no go zones by developing a safe work method statement
- what training a spotter needs such as knowledge of equipment and the hazards of working near overhead electrical assets
- what training to provide all employees working near overhead electrical assets
- what to include in emergency planning