What it contains
Volunteers are legally entitled to a healthy and safe work environment. The best way to manage their health and safety is the same way you do for paid employees. You can use this handbook to set up a volunteer health and safety system.
This handbook tells you about:
- consulting your volunteers
- taking a systematic approach
- thinking about the risks
- information, instruction, training and supervision
- emergency and first aid
- supporting injured volunteers’ return to work
- common injuries and illnesses
It includes case studies to show how to control risks.