Your health and safety guide to licensing and registration

A guide to the licences required for different types of work and how to apply for them.


What it contains

You must be licensed to perform any of the following types of work:

  • high-risk work (eg scaffolding, rigging, operating cranes and forklifts, using boilers and other pressure equipment)
  • removing specific types and amounts of asbestos
  • operating a major hazard facility
  • using scheduled carcinogens
  • transporting dangerous goods
  • using dangerous goods that pose a security concern (high consequence dangerous goods)
  • transporting, storing, selling, manufacturing or importing explosives or fireworks
  • using explosives or discharging fireworks.

This guide will help you understand when you need a licence and what you need to do to get one.