- Sides of ramps that are not secured (eg held together with wire or baling twine).
- Sides of ramps without timber or metal infill.
- Ramps have sharp edges.
- Ramps that need to be tied to trucks for added support.
Ramps that are not adjustable.
- No catwalk.
- No platform at the loading end of the ramp or a platform that is not secured.
Platforms with missing boards.
- No safety gate at the top of the ramp.
- No bridging flap or suitable alternative.
Bridging flap without a chain that is accessible from the truck or platform.
- Ramp is slippery.
- Rubbish or debris in the loading area.
- Portable yards without any anchoring devices.
- Booking cattle transport that does not suit the yard and loading area set up.
- No regular inspection of loading ramps.