What is an authorised person?
An authorised person in relation to a HCDG licence is:
- the licensee
- each person named in the security plan as an authorised person with unsupervised access to HCDG
- a person who holds a HCDG permit.
What to include in the security plan
Your security plan should address each of the following points.
*A separate security plan is needed for each storage site.
- Location and details of the facility
- Include a site plan
- Details of secure storage area, and details of the precautions in place to ensure the HCDG are kept in a secure store
- Include the type and dimensions of the structure and the number and types of doors, windows and locks
- List of authorised persons holding a permit authorising unsupervised access to HCDG
- Record their name and permit number
- A procedure for amending the security plan
- Eg how will you add/remove names of authorised persons?
- A procedure for controlling access to the secure store by authorised persons
- Eg a key register or a security control for access codes
- A procedure for supervising access to the secure store by persons not authorised to have unsupervised access to the HCDG
- A procedure for instructing persons who have access to, or who use or handle, HCDG on the security plan
- A designated person responsible for maintaining the security plan
- A procedure to ensure that HCDG is only obtained from a licensee or person authorised to sell, transfer or dispose of HCDG and is removed only by a licensee or authorised person
- Stock control system
- Describe your system for recording details and reconciling incoming and outgoing quantities of HCDG.
- A procedure for reporting any theft, attempted theft or unexplained loss of HCDG or any other security incident involving HCDG