Social work: Register as a provider

Register as an social work service provider.

Register as a service provider


Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW)

If you wish to provide services as an AMHSW, you will first need to register as a social worker, then there are additional steps to become approved by WorkSafe to provide and invoice for services as an AMHSW.

  • register as a social worker and provide evidence of current professional indemnity insurance
    • refer to WorkSafe's application for registration to provide social work services to workers
  • provide proof of full current membership of the AASW
  • provide proof of current accreditation as an AMHSW with AASW
  • signed the WorkSafe AMHSW declaration to provide services in line with the service standards for the delivery of AMHSW services

Please refer to the social work and AMHSW policy for details.

Allied health non board registered providers

For non-board registered allied health providers, the qualifications of the service provider, business registration and insurance coverage must be acceptable to WorkSafe.

To support your application you may be required to provide evidence such as relevant tertiary qualifications, professional experience or membership of a professional association (or evidence of eligibility for membership). WorkSafe will contact you if additional information or clarification is required before processing the application.

Social work

Social workers must:

  • complete the WorkSafe Application for Registration to Provide Services to Workers form
  • if they are not registered with Medicare, provide a copy of:
    • written confirmation of their membership with the Australian Association of Social Workers
    • their tertiary qualifications of Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work (Qualifying)
  • maintain at all times a minimum of $1 million professional indemnity insurance coverage.

A WorkSafe provider number will be issued for invoicing purposes. For social workers who are registered with Medicare, their Medicare number(s) will be used as the provider number.

Related information