Allied health non board registered providers
For non-board registered allied health providers, the qualifications of the service provider, business registration and insurance coverage must be acceptable to WorkSafe.
To support your application you may be required to provide evidence such as relevant tertiary qualifications, professional experience or membership of a professional association (or evidence of eligibility for membership). WorkSafe will contact you if additional information or clarification is required before processing the application.
Social workers must:
- complete the WorkSafe Application for Registration to Provide Services to Workers form
- if they are not registered with Medicare, provide a copy of:
- written confirmation of their eligibility to be a member of the Australian Association of Social Workers, or
- their tertiary qualifications of Bachelor of Social Work or Master of Social Work (Qualifying).
- maintain at all times a minimum of $1 million professional indemnity insurance coverage.
A WorkSafe provider number will be issued for invoicing purposes. For social workers who are registered with Medicare, their Medicare number(s) will be used as the provider number.