Allied health non board registered providers
For non-board registered allied health providers, the qualifications of the service provider, business registration and insurance coverage must be acceptable to WorkSafe.
To support your application you may be required to provide evidence such as relevant tertiary qualifications, professional experience or membership of a professional association (or evidence of eligibility for membership). WorkSafe will contact you if additional information or clarification is required before processing the application.
Speech pathologists must:
- complete the WorkSafe Application for Registration to Provide Services to Workers form
- if they are not registered with Medicare, provide a copy of:
- written confirmation of their eligibility to be a member of Speech Pathology Australia, or
- their tertiary qualifications: Bachelor of Speech Pathology, Bachelor of Applied Science (Speech Pathology), Bachelor of Health Sciences (Speech Pathology) or Master of Speech Pathology.
- maintain at all times a minimum of $1 million professional indemnity insurance coverage.
A WorkSafe provider number will be issued for invoicing purposes. For speech pathologists who are registered with Medicare, their Medicare number(s) will be used as the provider number.