The program supports:
- Our focus on what will make the biggest difference and have the greatest impact on the health, safety and wellbeing of Victorian workers.
- Our aim to support initiatives and organisations that reflect our values and engage with our stakeholders in meaningful ways.
Applications now open
The WorkSafe pilot funding round is now open and applications will be accepted throughout the open period.
Round Opens - 3.00pm on 7 July 2021
Round Closes - 4.00pm on 18 August 2021 and
All applications are submitted and managed online through SmartyGrants, our online grants management platform.
WorkSafe grants are required to focus on areas of contribution to one or more of the following priorities:
Prevention – Reduce workplace harm
- Focusing on workplaces where most injuries are predicted to occur.
- Focusing on the most prevalent causes of fatalities and where they are most likely to occur.
- Supporting workplaces to be mentally healthy, alongside a focus on mental injury prevention.
- Strengthening oversight of current and emerging occupational illness and disease.
- Supporting Victoria's network of health and safety representatives.
- Undertaking educational programs that align with WorkSafe objectives and benefit workers within the Victorian community.
Promoting knowledge and confidence
- Encouragement to talk about workplace culture and safety, and work towards shared community workplace safety goals.
- Developing a deeper awareness of what a safe workplace is—no matter when, where or how people work.
- Connecting people to their community through a vibrant and effective workplace, and with family and support networks.
- Celebrating the diversity of our communities. Diversity in workplaces means that they are free from discrimination, harassment and bullying.
Grants are available in 3 tiers (excluding GST)
- up to $50,000
- $50,000 - $500,000
- $500,000 - $1 million
Who can apply?
Applications are accepted from external applicants only.
Applicants must be organisations with an ABN, including but not limited to community groups and/or local organisations, employers, or representative groups of employers or employees.
Applications will be assessed once the pilot funding round has closed.
All grant applications are initially reviewed by the Grants Officer and subject matter experts from WorkSafe.
Applications are assessed against the selection criteria and recommendations are made to the Grant Governance Committee, who make the final decision.
To be considered for a grant, you will need to demonstrate that you have the capacity, expertise and resources to undertake, manage and evaluate your proposed initiative. Successful applicants must meet WorkSafe's reporting requirements to provide information regarding the outcomes of their initiative.
More information may be requested to support your application and requirements will be confirmed by WorkSafe when applicants are notified of the assessment outcome.
Grants program guidelines
Before you apply for a WorkSafe grant, we recommend that you read the WorkSafe grants program guidelines. The guidelines provide information about the grants program and the application process.
How to apply
To apply for a grant, complete the online application.
For more information about the program or to discuss a project idea and application email the Grants Officer: [email protected]