About this award category
This award acknowledges individuals or businesses who have made a significant difference and tangible improvements on their farm/s through their leadership and practice. This can include a specific safety initiative or a change in farm safety culture.
From everyday achievements, to creative thinking and process innovations we want to recognise those farmers who contribute to the health and safety of their workplace.
Keep this criteria in mind as this is what the assessment and judging panels will be assessing your entries with.
- Does the response demonstrate commitment to work health, safety and wellbeing?
- Do you consider the approach ‘extraordinary’?
- Was it above and beyond what is expected?
- Is there evidence of consultation and communication processes to implement the response?
- Was there any feedback?
- What type and how was it incorporated into the response?
- Have they clearly identified the hazards and/or challenges?
- Is there evidence of sufficient risk management practices in place, and are these above and beyond what is expected of this type/size of workplace?
- How were the improvements/solution in the workplace health, safety and wellbeing measured?
- What was the outcome?
- How effective were the solutions and response?
- Is there potential for the contribution to have broader applications?
- How and to what extent?
- Have these broader applications been applied?
After you enter
The entry and judging process explains what happens from the time you enter through to the announcement of the winners.