Community services support

There are free services within the community that can support you with finances, accommodation, healthcare and transport concessions.


Healthcare in Victoria

Free healthcare advice

Healthdirect is a 24-hour health advice and information service. Access their services through their website or by phone.

Phone: 1800 022 222

Dental care

General dental examinations and care is offered to eligible patients through The Royal Dental Hospital of Melbourne (RDHM) and community dental clinics.

To be eligible for low-cost dental care you need to have a valid health care or pensioner concession card. There are also exemptions from fees for certain circumstances, including financial hardship.

Phone: (03) 9341 1000


The Department of Families, Fairness and Housing provides information about housing (private, rental, state subsidised). It also has information on crisis accommodation and a 24-hour telephone support line.

Phone: 1300 650 172


There are different supports you may be able to access.

Concession tickets for those aged 60 years and over

Phone: 1800 800 007

Subsidised taxi fares

Subsidised taxi fares, through the multipurpose taxi program, for people with severe and permanent disabilities.

Phone: 1800 638 802

Mobility allowance

A regular payment, known as a mobility allowance, to help with essential travel costs for work, study or looking for work if you have a disability, illness or injury that means you can't use public transport

Phone: 132 717

Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm

Disability parking

Phone: 13 11 71

Monday to Friday, 8am - 5pm

Questions about transition support

If you are an injured worker and have any questions relating to transition support, please contact your WorkSafe agent who will be able to assist you.

WorkSafe Advisory Service

WorkSafe's advisory service is available between 7:30am and 6:30pm Monday to Friday. If you need more support, you can also contact WorkSafe using the Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) or the National Relay Service.

1800 136 089 More contact options

Find support with Ask Izzy

Support services you can use any time you need extra support including food parcels, housing help, financial aid, mental wellness, specialty health assistance and counselling.

Access Ask Izzy