Explosives licence: Fill or cap safety cartridges licence (non-factory)

A licence to manufacture explosives in a place other than a factory.

Download the application form


About the licence

You can apply for individual or combinations of the following explosives licence types:

  • Manufacture explosives in a factory.
  • Manufacture explosives at a place other than a factory.
  • Fill and cap safety cartridges for commercial purposes.
  • Store explosives at a medium scale storage facility.
  • Sell or import explosives.

If you hold a Victorian licence to operate a major hazard facility, you do not require a licence to manufacture or store explosives.

Fee summary

Apply or renew the licence

Note: You can purchase copies of the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2022 from Information Victoria on 1300 366 356 or you can view them at Legislation Victoria.

Contact WorkSafe's licensing branch

To check the progress of an application or if you need assistance, contact the Licensing Branch at:

Licensing Branch
PO Box 279
Geelong Vic 3220

Phone 1300 852 562
Fax 1800 060 727
Email [email protected]

Related information