About the licence
You can apply for individual or combinations of the following explosives licence types:
- Manufacture explosives in a factory.
- Manufacture explosives at a place other than a factory.
- Fill and cap safety cartridges for commercial purposes.
- Store explosives at a medium scale storage facility.
- Sell or import explosives.
If you hold a Victorian licence to operate a major hazard facility, you do not require a licence to manufacture or store explosives.
Issue or renewal fee.
National Police check.
ASIO security assessment.
This licence is valid for 5 years.
Apply or renew the licence
- Download application form
Download and complete the form.
- Print and complete the form
- Gather supporting documents
- Gather 100 points of identification
- Complete identification form
- Make payment (cheque or credit card)
- Submit all documentation
Note: You can purchase copies of the Dangerous Goods (Explosives) Regulations 2011 from Information Victoria on 1300 366 356 or you can view them at legislation.vic.gov.au.