High consequence dangerous goods permit requirements
Anyone who has access to high consequence dangerous goods must hold a licence for the activity or a permit if working for an employer who holds a licence.
- your employer must hold a High Consequence Dangerous Goods licence
- if you have previously completed an ASIO security assessment through WorkSafe you do not need to repeat or pay for this assessment again.
Before you start your application
For your application to be processed you will be required to supply the following documents as part of your application:
- completed national police check and ASIO security assessment form
National police check and ASIO security assessment form which will be lodged by WorkSafe
- proof of identity evidence
100 points of ID
- a completed reference form
Form to provide to a Referee along with your identification documents
No permit fee applies.
National Police check.
ASIO security assessment.
This licence is valid for five years.
Contact WorkSafe Licensing
High Consequence Dangerous Goods (HCDG) licence
Sample: Application for a permit to have unsupervised access to high consequence dangerous goods (HCDG)
Application for a licence to access high consequence dangerous goods (HCDG)
Reference – Applicant for High Consequence Dangerous Goods (HCDG) or explosives licence
Identification form – 100 point ID check
Proof of identity for licence applications