What is rehab at home
Rehab at home is a service that allows you to have part or all of your hospital rehab in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
"I’ve been given a chance to be at home with my kids" - Steve Burton
A video produced by the Transport Accident Commission Victoria.
How does it work?
You will be provided a case coordinator who will organise your rehab plan and liaise with your managing Agent and the medical team who will support your recovery. Your rehab plan can be provided by multiple health providers including:
- occupational therapist
- personal care (bathing, dressing, grooming etc)
- home support
Your rehab plan will be delivered over a 4–8 week period, depending on your needs.
What are the benefits
- with your doctor's approval, you can leave hospital sooner – getting home to your family, friends and pets and complete your rehab in the comfort and privacy of your own home
- your rehab plan will be tailored to your injury and requirements, with the support of experienced, qualified and approved health professionals
- you will be supported while you work towards independence and returning to work sooner
- not having to travel for most appointments
Rehab at home is suitable for many surgical and medical ailments
This service is available following a wide range of surgical procedures and medical conditions including:
- joint replacements
- arthroscopic surgery
- cardiac conditions
- bone fractures