Looking after your mental health

If you or someone you know is anxious or might need some support, you should try and seek help as soon as possible.


Head to Health

Whether you would like to improve your overall sense of wellbeing, need help with something concerning you or you are helping someone you care about - Head to Health can point you in the right direction.

Head to Health is an Australian Government website with information and links to online mental health support organisations and services for different needs.

​To talk to someone

If you’d like to talk to someone about an issue, you can call:

  • Lifeline, a 24-hour personal crisis and suicide prevention service, on 13 11 14
  • Beyond Blue for support and information about anxiety, depression and suicide, on 1300 224 636
  • Samaritans, for 24-hour anonymous crisis support, on 13 52 47
  • If you think yourself or someone else might need crisis counselling, contact a free call back service online or by phone 1300 659 467

Drug and alcohol services

Operated by Turning Point in Victoria, Counselling Online assists people who are concerned about alcohol and other drugs.

Visit their website or call their phone line.

Phone: 1800 888 236

Mediation and counselling

This service provides face-to-face or over-the-phone advice and is a free and independent support.

They can provide counselling for family dispute resolution, family mental health, mediation and education (eg parenting after separation).

There are 21 offices across Victoria.

Visit their website, which is available in different languages, and select a topic or call their Infoline.

Phone: 1800 639 523

Online courses

Check out 'This Way Up' for online courses that are designed to help you identify, understand and improve psychological difficulties such as stress, insomnia, worry, anxiety and depression. You can start creating positive change in your wellbeing from the comfort of your own home.

There are a range of free courses available. There are others that charge a fee.

If a life is in danger, please call 000.

Transition support

If you are an injured worker and have any questions relating to transition support, please contact your WorkSafe agent who will be able to assist you.