Report health and safety incidents to WorkSafe Victoria
Depending on the incident, there are a number of other important actions you may need to take, including notifying WorkSafe and preserving the scene if possible and if safe to do so.
Reporting an incident
- If the situation is still dangerous or high-risk, call emergency services immediately on 000
- Confirm if the incident is reportable
Find out what type of incidents must be reported.
- Ensure the incident scene is not disturbed until a WorkSafe inspector arrives
However, incident scenes can be disturbed if necessary to:
- protect a person's health or safety
- help someone who is injured
- make the area safe
- Notify WorkSafe immediately by calling 13 23 60
We'll lodge details of the incident and email you a link to an online incident notification form.
WorkSafe will then advise if an inspector will make a site visit and whether the incident scene can be disturbed before the inspector's attendance.
- Report the incident in writing within 48 hours
Once you have completed and submitted the online incident notification form, you will receive a confirmation email with a copy of your records.
- Having trouble completing the online form?
- Save a copy of the incident notification form
You are required to keep a record of the form for at least five years.