What it contains
This guidance note advises operators on how to identify hazards when developing a safety case for a major hazard facility (MHF). It explains:
- how the hazard identification process contributes to the development of a safety case
- planning for the process, including defining major incidents, selecting hazard identification techniques and teams, and scheduling
- preparing information, analysing the hazard and considering complex hazards
- what happens after the hazard identification process, including reviews and quality assurance checks
- a compliance checklist for hazard identification
At the end of the guide, there are examples of hazard identification techniques.